Monday, July 28, 2008

A beautiful ending to a blah day

So most of yesterday was pretty crappy. I had a bad sleep, when I woke up it was hot and there was no wind and I spent an hour and a half in the immigration office (before work). By the time I got home from work, which was great, I was not feeling very well. I rushed from the station to the dry cleaners because it was going to close ten minutes after my train arrived.

When I got out of the subway station, I noticed that the sky was looking a bit pinky and orangy but didn't seem spectacular. On the way to the dry cleaners is a park/baseball diamond and as I looked across the park, I spotted a great sunset. It literally made my day. I stopped and had a nice pause and snapped this pic with my cell phone.

I continued on only to find the dry cleaners closed because they are closed on Monday; a fact I had forgotten. I was not bothered the slightest bit because I got to see the sunset on the way home.

I don't usually get home just at the right time to see the sunset. The view from our fifth floor apartment also includes aspects smog which detracts from the overall effect. I think there are two good places to view a sunset: one, on ground level and two, from the top of a mountain.

No comments: