Monday, July 21, 2008

Tokyo Comedy Store

Last night Masa and I went to the Japanese show of The Tokyo Comedy Store at The Baron in Roppongi. We went to go see our friend Spring Day perform. Luckliy she was the last in the lineup because we were a bit late and only caught the last four comedians. When we walked in someone was on stage singing "otsukare samba" which was kind of funny but possible too much for me for the first set. I quite enjoyed most of the jokes overall. I did miss a couple of things but had a great time. All of the comedians are native English speakers so I found it quite easy to understand as the jokes were told using western logic and flow. They just started doing a Japanese show recently and apparently it has come a long way. I'll have to go back in a few months to see how they are progressing. I'll definitely check out their English shows in the time being.

No comments: