Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A jam failure and my new favorite pasta

I tried to make jam with a type of plum that I don't know the name of. I believe I overcooked the fruit because I have made wonderful fruit sauce with them before. I'm sad. I even went to the effort of sealing jars only to have them filled with runny sauce. I think it will taste good in homemade ice cream. I shall save them for the middle of winter...
Today brightened up at dinner time. Below is a pic of Masa's dinner. I played around with spinach linguine, zucchini, bell peppers, butter and Jane's Crazy Mixed Up Salt. I am in love and have discovered my new favorite pasta. The rest of the food includes: yogurt & cucumber salad, green beans with mayo and leftover chicken wings that were baked in Yoshida's BBQ sauce. Overall a good meal.

No comments: