Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cooking, Cooking and More cooking

A few days ago I found a recipe for ume jam on Blue Lotus' blog. I thought I would give it a shot since I can imagine it tasting wonderful. I unfortunately left it alone to start this blog post and the sugar browned. It still tastes okay but is now a really ugly color. Think of the greeness of ume combined with the color of burnt sugar. Yum, yum, yum... I think it will make wonderful ice cream though.



I got a lovely book from the library recently. It's called 'easy summer food' and it is fabulous. I think I copied about thirty recipes from it. I mixed up the gazpacho last night and we are going to have it at dinner tonight. There are also tonnes of bread recipes. I think I'm going to make some sort of flatbread tonight. I'll post pics if they turn out.

No comments: